When We Are Closed
To access medical services outwith surgery hours, please telephone NHS24 on freephone 111 or the normal surgery number to hear a message giving you this number.
NHS24 is a health advice and information service available around the clock and has a website http://www.nhs24.scot/
When you call you will be asked for your name, address, phone number, the name of your GP and any medication you are currently taking. A nurse advisor will assess your symptoms and give practical advice on what to do next. Please ask at reception for the leaflet prepared by NHS24.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999.
Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Public Holiday Weekends
Prepared for Public Holiday Weekends?
Make sure you have some over-the-counter remedies for common illnesses. Good things to have include:
- paracetamol and ibuprofen
- indigestion remedies
It's a good idea to take small steps to plan ahead
- Visit nhsinform.scot if you have a health query or need to check one of the many self-help guides to help you manage symptoms
- Having a first aid kit at home can help you manage most minor ailments
- Your local pharmacy can help with more than medicines – they can also offer health advice
- If you have concerns about COVID visit nhsinform.scot for information about symptoms, testing and vaccinations.
- Mental Health self-help guides are also available at nhsinform.scot/mentalhealth